Thursday, February 25, 2016

Writing Alternatives

I have always thought that I was a solid writer, until I came to college. I had no idea there were so many alternatives to writing and how to improve a score on a paper. However, the most shocking idea to me that I have always done is made my first draft my final draft even though that is not the case. There are several approaches to take in order for a rough draft to become a final draft. Here are some examples I learned from reading the book The Transition to College Writing by Keith Hjortshoj. The very first step should be to read the assignment carefully before starting the work, and do not forget to start as soon as possible. Do not wait! When you have some spare time think about the assignment. Next, write a quick draft a couple different times with low standards so you do not disappoint yourself, and between drafts make an outline so you can have a clearer image of what you want to write. Finally, before you turn the draft to a final read it aloud. Do not trust your computer for grammar issues and as always if you need it, get help! If you learn one thing from this post it is do not wait until the night before. Take the time needed to get a good grade on the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment