Friday, February 26, 2016

The Dumb Blonde

Ever heard this stereotype before? Better yet have you ever used this stereotype? I am sure you have because everyone has. Well guess what it is a lie! I myself am a blonde, not to sound cocky, but I am far from dumb. Why does my hair color mean I am dumb? It doesn't! I carry a heavy course load and am exceeding the expectations of being a student athlete. Student comes first and I take that very seriously. So why do we lie to ourselves in believing that blondes are dumb just based on their hair color. It is just like any other stereotype, all it takes is one person to make a whole population fit the stereotype. It takes one "dumb blonde" just like it takes one bad black male to come up with the stereotype "all black men are bad".

I apologize for going on a small rant during this post, but the next time you want to use a stereotype and lie just think. They are far from true. Yes they are easy to say and everyone uses them, but is it really worth it. The answer is no. Enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment