Thursday, February 18, 2016

Me, Myself and I

Three of the most important words in your life, me, myself and I. These are the people in which you look out for the most. The one you spend all of your time with. The one who is always there to experience the good and the bad with you. But why is it that we often lie to the most important people in our lives? We tell ourselves a lie everyday to feel good about ourselves. Why? Does it work? Of course it works, but only for a short amount of time. What happens when the lie wears off? How does me, myself and I feel, the answer is they feel hurt. So why do we continue to lie to ourselves even though we know it hurts us. Because we need these little confidence boosters every now and then and that is what a lie can provide.

This may not make a ton of sense to you until you really think about it, but I encourage you too. We all lie to ourselves, but it is not the end of the world that we lie to ourselves. It may be a good thing to get through a tough day. We all need a boost of courage in our lives and what better person to provide that to you than yourself. I hope this post leaves you thinking about yourself and how you treat yourself. Be good to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment