Tuesday, February 2, 2016

How to Spot a Liar

     During the TED talk "How to Spot a Liar" by Pamela Meyer she discussed the different ways to spot a liar that really took me by surprise. Meyer referred to them as duping delights. She used four of them for examples and all of them are something that I have never looked for in a liar because it was not what I expected it to be. For me, I expect a liar to not have clear speech and not make eye contact. However, Meyer used these four examples, head shakes, shift blink rate, pointed toes to an exit and vocal tone. I guess when I think about it the head shakes and the blink rate make sense. They are avoiding eye contact while doing that and they are uneasy. However, the toes pointed toward an exit really caught me off guard. What are they trying to do get ready to escape? That is my guess. Vocal tone also made sense for me because again they are uneasy and not as clear with their speech. She later went on to explain how over truth isn't always honesty and to look for false emotions in liars. This talk really opened my eyes and made me realize what all the look for so I can be a person who is lied to less.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment